View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 11:25 AM   #230
miami_fan
Coordinator

A couple of my son's teachers have been pretty adamant about trying to convince the kids to come back to brick and mortar school. Not just "I can't wait to see you guys" vibe but a convince the kids to pressure the parents to allow them to come back vibe. It has been going on over for most of the year. I understood it for the first month or so but at some point, it seems a bit of overkill and stands out from the other teachers. This is especially the case, given when provided the opportunity to talk with parents during conference night, there was no mention of the return to school option by either teacher. It was and is a blatant disrespect for the choice that the parents of the children IMO.

Fast forward to the last two weeks, my son has had no Zoom sessions for one of the teachers and the other one had only one earlier this week when she sounded like shit. Limited communications with either to boot. Today, we find out that both teachers have tested positive for COVID and first one has been hospitalized for the last two weeks. The one that we saw earlier in the week has to be sent home for symptoms. Of course that means that the students either have had to quarantine and return to e-learning or will have to quarantine going into their Thanksgiving break. Makes no sense.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote