View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 02:50 PM   #8
NarratorC
n00b

Where in the World?

As you might expect, the Sussex County Football League is located in the counties of East and West Sussex. Here's a map of England that shows county boundaries. The counties of Sussex lie along the southern coast, along the English Channel. Their names are underlined on this map.

Sixteen clubs make up Division Two of the Sussex County Football League for the 2014/15 season. The team atop the table after our 30-game season will be promoted to Division One, while the bottom team will be relegated to Level 11 (and out of the game, it seems).

This map shows the locations of the Division Two clubs. Little Common's location is marked by the pin with the club-colored circle around it, toward the eastern edge of the map.

It's a compact league, with clubs located very close to each other. Our longest journey, out to Midhurst & Easebourne FC, is 63 miles, a ride of about an hour and a half on the team coach. Although we don't have a fierce rival listed on our club information page, I'm guessing the short distances between the clubs will keep things lively.

If you don't need a lesson in the geography of English football, or simply don't want one, please accept my apologies. I'll get to the football very soon!
NarratorC is offline   Reply With Quote