View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 12:27 PM   #13
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just inserting another welcome and hat tip for the solid start.

A couple other observations of encouragement if I may

1) Never think that a lack of comments (which does happen)during a dynasty equals a lack of reader interest. I probably read 50-100 dynasty posts for every comment I make in a dynasty thread. You can get two dozen comments in a flurry, then none for two weeks, but it's entirely possible that the readership is stable the entire time.

2) Readership has its own ebb & flow because we seem to read in two fashions similar to how people watch television series: a few posts at a time / consistently OR in binges. Happens with newer dynasties that way more often I think, where some readers might wait until they figure there's a lot of posts to read in one sitting to get/keep themselves in the universe more until it gets established.

3) Have fun. For you (and in this case, your daughter as well). Format, pacing, style, all manners of those have been successful threads here & the most legendary dynasties all did things their own way. You're doing the work, if you figure out something that makes posting better for you 20-25 entries in, don't be afraid to make an adjustment. It's a pretty understanding audience in this sub-forum IMO.