View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 03:58 PM   #31
NarratorC
n00b

2014/15 in Review

Statistics, part I
The Regulars

These 16 players logged the most playing time for the 2014/15 Second Division champions.

Some statistical highlights:
Note: These stats are skewed a bit by the fact that most teams had a lot of grey players, especially before early March, when youth intakes happened.
  • Matthew Reece was the league's top scorer with 13 goals.
  • Jack Ross was fifth in the scoring race, and Okay Oniah was sixth.
  • Rob Magwood's 10 assists led the league.
  • So did Darren Blewitt's 11 yellow cards and Michael Hassini's three dismissals.
  • The yellow card stats seem to be jacked up. Hassini had to have more than five yellows, since he never drew a straight red card. Charlie Cooke is shown with NO yellow cards, and I know he got two in eight minutes against Bexhill United. Maybe if you're sent off, you "trade" two yellows for a red.

Statistics, Part II
The Rest

Most of these players are youngsters, some of whom might become very familiar to Little Common supporters in the years to come. You can say you knew them before they were stars.

Rob Magwood is a worthy recipient of the supporters' award. His average rating was third best in the league, behind the players who finished second and third in the scoring race.

Zoe and I decided to sign most of these players for another season, giving them a chance to enjoy the fruits of the labor they contributed to our promotion. I'm thinking we'll probably lose a few of the non-contract players, as other clubs are already courting them.

The board is raising our wage budget to £1200/week. We currently spend about £850/week, so we have room in the budget to strengthen our squad if the need arises.
NarratorC is offline   Reply With Quote