View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 10:12 PM   #2172
molson
General Manager

Saw this bumped and I thought we got GRRM traditional, "I'm working really hard on the book but I have a ways to go" year-ending blog post.

The only other GRRM work I'm interested in now is an honest tell-all of how he went from being sure in September 2015 that he'd finish by December 2015, to where we are now.

I check in on the book series subreddit sometimes, and I'm becoming more and more intrigued by the theory that he hasn't written anything in years, perhaps since 2015, and the publishers have figured this out and have moved on. Or, that he didn't write anything from 2015-2019 and is now trying to pick it back up since he finally has a break in his schedule with the pandemic. Between 2015-2019 he never gave updates about his progress, then suddenly in 2020 he started talking about specific number of pages he wrote, what characters he was working on, etc.

Apparently this is a thing with other science fiction writers too (I don't read any other fantasy or science fiction but it's fun to read about this other unproductive authors). I guess fans of the The War Against the Chtorr series have been waiting since 1993 for the next book.

It's amusing to me. People love to trash the show, and TV shows in general get nitpicked to hell, but at least that's a medium where the creators can't just not bother to make deadlines. It's just not a part of that world, you'd never survive.

Last edited by molson : 12-30-2020 at 10:21 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote