View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 10:10 PM   #1041
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I think it's hilarious that the whole thing essentially amounts to legal bribery 'vote for us and we'll give you access to the money tree', and then it's 'no no, we thought you were going to give us a bigger branch than that'. Without even getting into the whole thing where it's your children and grandchildren's money we're talking about.

** Yes, I agree with the need to more stimulus now, and borrowing to do it, just in case anybody has forgotten. But this is the most overt, unabashed vote-buying I've ever seen, and basically just makes want to get some

If the Democrats knew how to message, they would call it a $400 billion tax rebate that goes directly to hard working Americans that earn less than $87,000 or married couples making less than $174,000. Or perhaps you just prefer your legal bribery/vote buying to come in the form of corporate, religious, and estate tax breaks because you are a multi-millionaire or billionaire or you get excited by the good old trickle down money that will make its way down to you?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote