View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 08:03 AM   #1400
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
No I don't. It would be weird for actual Canadians to lie about that while touting the virtues of their system, but I suppose it's possible.

Actual Canadian here. I've never heard of anyone being required to have routine physicals, nor denied healthcare for not doing so. I think you have to undergo a physical before certain procedures, but I believe that is so they have a proper health record to assess your treatment and care upon (but I'm not a doctor so I don't really know for sure).

I had to have a physical a couple years ago in order to qualify for private life insurance, but that has nothing to do with the universal health care system.

I'm no expert in these matters so I may be overlooking something, or perhaps there is some missing nuance in what your Canadian friends were describing that has gotten lost in translation. But as far as I can tell no one forces me to see the doctor nor will I face punitive repercussions of any kind for not doing so.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote