View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 06:02 AM   #722
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm adjusting my core holdings some. Currently with a lot in SCHD, VDIGX and VWENX (think dividend growers and value oriented companies) and exchanging a % to add VWUSX (think more MAGA & tech growth companies).

VWUSX is a Morningstar 5-star with a 2020 return of 58% vs S&P of 16%. These MAGA & tech companies benefited from the pandemic last year which included a recession and 2 corrections. So my thought process is that they should do well in the next 2-4 years at least as I don't see MAGA dropping off (or at least, if they do drop off, they will rebound quicker than others).

Biggest concern is VWUSX has 4+% in Tesla. I also have ARKK which has like 10% in Tesla. So somewhat concerned I am overweight on Tesla which I believe in but not sure I believe that much in.

Two questions:

Anyone think that MAGA and other tech companies will perform worse than the market in the next 2-4 years?

Bitcoin seems to have finally established a foothold with traditional investors and future looks promising. I have a small bit with GBTC (bitcoin trust) and wondering if I should add a little more to it. Anyone think that Bitcoin won't do well in the long term (5+ years) albeit with a bumpy ride?

Last edited by Edward64 : 02-10-2021 at 06:06 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote