View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 10:24 AM   #1670
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, some actual content for this thread. I am genuinely excited about two young ILBs we have brought aboard for the Ravens in recent stages... let's have a look.

Shaun Farr was a one-year guy in Tennessee, but presumably wanted too much money for their tastes. Okay. He got three offers in late free agency, but we had cap space and blew their doors off with a one year offer. What I see here is a potential long term WILB guy, who can stop the run and be a non-liability in coverage. High endurance is a plus. Punishing hitter is, well whatever it is, it's high. 95 personality in the right triad is a major plus.

Floyd Warkentein was our 5th rounder this year, and I already sense good things, as does the BenBot auto-insulter. That combination of endurance and (potential) zone coverage up into the high 80s is really encouraging. Not the same battery of complementary stuff like Farr, but I see a potential long term role for him as well - maybe as SILB in 3WR and other pass situations.

And, while not a new face in the same way, I'll mention another guy I like:

Silas Somogyi is a nice complementary fit for us, a max special teamer and affinity fit. He's a low endurance guy we can plug in pretty much anywhere, but ideally he will get work as a gunner, and then fill in for maybe 25 tackles as a 5th/6th LB type. I like it.

I have fallen out of the habit of this sort of write-up... but this is, for me, the quiet joy of this game. Love having these guys coming together and letting me feel like they will stay around, and over time become major cohesion assets along with reasonably useful (but not too expensive) talents.

Last edited by QuikSand : 03-09-2021 at 10:24 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote