View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 01:09 PM   #21079
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Certainly the empty ones that I am always passing by are smack dab in the middle of this foodie city, typically sandwiched directly between a local tacqueria and a pizza joint.

...but I do think that speaks to the quality of the investment. Do you really want to tie your life to a restaurant that is reliant on making sure there is no other decent food in a certain radius & keeping labor costs as low as possible? It's the restaurant equivalent of being a slumlord.
That's is really not a fair assessment of a Subway's. The food isn't great, but it isn't bad. They offer many healthy options, and even their most unhealthy is better for you than what you get at an average fast food restaurant. Having one in a area with very little other options is actually a God-send for the people that live there. I have lived many places that I would loved to have a Subways near by.

A food slum-lord is the owner of a wings restaurant. Even cheaper than a Subways franchise (no franchise fees at all), food cost is much cheaper (froxen wings by bulk are super cheap) and all you have to serve is deep fried chicken and fries. No healthy options, low overhead, and just feed fried cheap garbage to people.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote