View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 02:34 PM   #3183
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

The rollout of what seems like dozens of content owner streaming services is beyond annoying. It doesn't matter whether you've cut the cord or are still with cable/satellite, who is piling multiple $5/month charges on top of what you are paying for TV? Are that many people really paying for ESPN/Disney, HBOMax, Peacock, Paramount, Discovery, etc., on top of the basic channels they are paying for?

Whether I stay with DirecTV or tried to cobble together 2-3 streaming services to get the kind of coverage I get through DTV with multiple streaming services, there's no way I would then add another $30-50/month for these other "exclusive" services. I got ESPN+ and that's it, mainly to watch my daughter.

Aare they counting on this growing like cell phone service - no one ever imagined spending $300-400 for phone service, but here we are. I just don't get it.

The only thing it's creating in me is an active hatred for TV brands that appear to be funneling exclusive content away from their bread and butter stations.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-31-2021 at 02:35 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote