View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 05:41 PM   #535
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
A ref collapsing like that is scary.

Referee Bert Smith Told He Had Blood Clot in Lung After Collapsing at NCAA Tournament | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Fellas, it is okay to leave work and get a complete checkup when you pass out on the job.

Quote:
The 56-year-old Buffalo native explained the doctor tricked him into sitting on the stretcher and quickly strapped him in, which led to the memorable photos of the referee looking disgruntled as he was wheeled off the court for further evaluation.

Quote:
Smith said Trammel's work to diagnose the problem and the fact that his collapse came in a crowded environment with medical workers on scene may have saved his life.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote