View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 11:52 AM   #382
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I will add that my go-to authority figure on the Lions disabused me of the notion that tagging Golladay and then dealing him for something was the right move. I just assume he's more informed than I am, but I would have felt awfully secure in the thought that the Giants or someone would part with, at least, a second round pick to get him.

Anyway, the way the team seemed to just say "we're rebuilding, what do we do with a guy like Kenny Golladay?" seemed lol worthy.

It's never been adequately explained. The few times it's been raised, they just seemed to shrug their shoulders and say, "a tag and trade is hard and complicated" and that was that.

Maybe because it requires having another team in the mix and, to date, if that team isn't the Los Angeles Rams (see, e.g., Stafford & Brockers), Brad Holmes doesn't seem to understand how to make a deal with them? It's a very small sample size, so I am not about to claim that Holmes is to the Rams as Quinn was to the Patriots, but it's not not a thing.

It's definitely lol worthy or, to use the local parlance, SOL (Same Old Lions) worthy. There has yet to have been a general manager and head coach of this franchise in my lifetime (47 years) that has not been Lionized at some point. It's sad, ugly thing. Can Holmes and Campbell escape that fate? Not likely. Probably? But not likely.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote