View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 11:31 PM   #772
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Not sure what thread to put this in, feels like it belongs in this one.

Just had a genuine laugh,something in short supply for me for quite a while now.

The whole sequence leading was no more than 3-4 minutes, just a quick discussion with the kid about possible leadership for the speculative WWE launch of an NXT-Mexico brand. And I cracked wise with a couple of intentionally absurd possibilities.

That belongs in this thread, I think, because as he headed off to bed afterwards I was struck solidly by the realization that he's literally the only person on earth I could have had that exchange with in person.

There are a few folks here who would have gotten what was funny and why, I have one social media "friend" who would have gotten it (possibly two others) ... but I've literally never been in the same room with any of those people.

I'm sure a random stranger at the right indy show would have gotten my crack and maybe even laughed but that's ... different. Same as knowing somebody might have thrown a positive reply my way if I'd tweeted the same comment with the right #hashtag.

The sense of isolation that highlighted to me was pretty stark. And, honestly, blaming that on the pandemic would be pretty much b.s. My life hasn't changed that much in terms of face to face interactions that aren't consumer oriented.

It's fine, I'm fine, that's just how life worked out or whatever. But it was a sobering little reality check.