View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 06:03 PM   #480
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I'm not going full plant-based. But based on my latest bloodwork, my family genetics have caught up to me, and I need to start paying a lot more attention to this stuff.

One thing I want to do is make some basic daily changes as I work toward more of a lifestyle overhaul.

What are the good plant-based milk substitutes? I drink a lot of milk, so subbing for that would be a pretty eventful change.

But I see a lot of options: almond, oat, soy.

I assume they each have their own flavor profile. Which ones are the most milk-like? I figure I'll get some recs before I start exploring.

I have tried them all and 100% recommend Oat Milk. Planet Oat is my favorite, great taste and gives you everything you need from milk

Original 90 calories per cup (consistency/taste somewhere between skim/2% regular milk) 1.5 G total fat, 0 G saturated and trans fat. 19 G carbs, 2 G fiber, 2 G protein and has vitamin D (20%), Calcium (25%) Vitamin A (20%) and B12 (10%)

Extra creamy, richer, thicker consistency, use this mostly for my coffee
120 calories per cup and fat content is 3.5 G total, 0.5 G saturated and 0 G trans. 22 G carbs, 3 G fiber, 2 g protein and has vitamin D (20%), Calcium (25%) Vitamin A (20%) and B12 (10%) (same vitamin content as regular)
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote