View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 06:17 AM   #21617
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
That must be an internet access thing mainly, right? Everything I've seen and heard from my kids about online school is it was a joke and you could sleepwalk to an A. In college, my daughter and I would laugh at how many athletic departments were boasting about the highest combined GPA for X or Y teams.

The biggest issue my daughter who is still in high school has found is that once they went back to in-person, there was little instruction and it was as if they were still online. She preferred online because she could manage her time without the structure of being in the building for 7 hours and not getting any better instruction.

I've read a couple other articles and they don't point to root cause as internet access.

Here's another frakked up example.

Calls to shut down Baltimore School where 0.13 GPA ranks near top half of class | WCTI
Quote:
Calls are mounting for a Baltimore City school to be investigated and shut down immediately. This, after an alarming WBFF Project Baltimore investigation, found hundreds of students are failing at the west Baltimore high school.
:
On Monday, Project Baltimore reported on Tiffany France’s son. In his four years at Augusta Fells Savage Institute of Visual Design, he passed three classes and earned a grade point average of 0.13. Yet, his transcripts show his class rank is 62 of 120, meaning 58 students, just in his grade, have a 0.13 GPA or lower.

France, a single mother of three working three jobs, says the school never told her that her son was failing until last month, when the 17-year-old was put back in ninth grade.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote