View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 12:07 PM   #23
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
UNC would, of course, rather remain a respected elder in the ACC and will (I assume) do everything in its power to help keep the ACC relevant and make sure that they are one of the Super Conferences when the shakeout is all done. I don't see them wanting to move to the SEC.

I don't know who would decide for NC State. But I could see a move to the SEC being good for them if the SEC wants it. Being the only NC school in the conference would seem to be a better deal than being the "other" North Carolina public school in the ACC.

But this is all me talking out of my ass. People who follow this stuff more closely than I do probably have a better sense of what is possible/likely,

I think NC State fans generally think the ACC looks out for UNC so I'd think they would be happy to get into the SEC. But maybe I'm wrong.

I read something that said assuming Texas and OU are leaving, the best place for them for the good of the sport would be the ACC as it gives Clemson some competition and prevents the SEC from growing too top heavy.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote