View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 10:40 PM   #76
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Bump for driving complaint! Actually not really a complaint, more like an observation.

Has anybody else notice drivers running through red lights? I don't mean trying to beat a yellow light turning to red. I am talking about drivers waiting at a red light and then just taking off before the light changes to green. I have been seeing like 1 or 2 a week for about six months now . However, I have seen at least six this week alone.

Oh yeah, that's been a big thing as traffic returned to pre-Covid levels.

Similar to how I saw a sudden surge in street/drag racing during Covid, I think as much as anything it's indicative of a generally lowered will to live.

Also in the past week I nearly got clipped twice in less than a minute, including a really creative 45 degree "turn" someone made across three lanes of moving traffic. He just gave no fucks whatsoever ... all in a hurry to get to a KFC just up the street (no, I'm not kidding, we watched him turn in)