View Single Post
Old 08-13-2021, 08:04 AM   #21671
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I also try to keep my annual fee cards to a minimum because you're like $70 here, $99 there - it adds up. You can talk yourself into each one being a good deal - but you only have so much CC spending to go around. I have a Sapphire Preferred that I've had for a long time and a United Card (since we live in Houston and we're almost always flying United so the 2 free bags benefit pay for that card when there's not a pandemic). Then I tend to rotate one more fee card to try it out - get the nice sign up bonus and see if I use it enough to justify it. If not, get rid of it after a couple of years and try another bonus. I also have a couple of old cards that I spend enough on to keep them active since they're 20+ year cards and they help the credit score. But, basically, I have a couple but don't want to totally min/max because it takes effort to keep track and also companies will shut you down and take away points if you play churning games too much.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote