View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 09:25 AM   #21679
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
If you are going to be one of the 7000 companies who bombard my personal email with "happy birthday!" messages, you best be coming with a freebie, or just GTFO and save your faux "we care about you" sentiment. It's not going to make me think more highly of you.

Now, Jimmy Johns giving me a free sandwich that I have a month to claim and City BBQ giving me $5 off my next purchase... you guys are good.

As someone whose birthday is coming up this week: Preach!! I act like Bart in that episode of The Simpsons where he cashes in for everything from a shave to tango lessons. My birthday is a week long (or more) food celebration, especially while the pandemic is still going strong here in Texas - food is one of the few things I can enjoy. However, don't make me buy something to get my freebie. At most, I might do a B1G1 dessert. But I'm not going to like 50 different places to get 50 full price meals to get a free tiny dessert.

Also, Happy Birthday!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote