View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 06:23 AM   #21699
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
OMG you too? We have it in stock here right now but it's been off and on since the pandemic started. Mostly off. During one of the stocking droughts my wife talked to the manager of one of the grocery stores here and got them to order the 6 gallons their supplier was showing as available for us. I managed to stretch those out until we started seeing it again.

This is the first time I'm noticing a shortage, but then again, I don't drink a lot of iced tea during the winter. I started buying it again in May or June. Didn't notice an issue last summer though.

And the canned cat food thing JIMGA mentioned is weird. We don't buy canned cat food (our cats have to eat a special Rx diet dry food) but we do buy canned dog food, and we haven't seen any issues with supply here.

On the pop front, the only stuff I'm noticing is out is the zero/diet stuff. I thought those were bigger sellers than perhaps they are, so maybe they just aren't willing to produce enough right now and are sticking with regular? Like, I haven't seen A&W Zero Creme Soda in 3-4 months but you can get regular creme soda fairly easy.

Perhaps it's because I live in KY where I'm guessing most people who buy pop drink regular.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote