View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 04:40 PM   #29
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Sounds like they do a better job than MLB:TS has done this year of extending the life of the mode.

They jumped the gun on making 98s and 99s readily available, basically killed the desire to grind for new cards. I mean, why bother if your lineup is already basically capped out?

I am, I will admit, fascinated by this whole mechanic. Creating a 12-month cycle for a football game might be more realistic than for a baseball game, but... yeah, it seems like that goal has be pretty central to the mission.

There's a (potentially worthy) tangent here, where the other related problem is that wayyyyy to many players are basically the same guy. A WR in Madden is more or less the compilation of about five relevant ratings... and right now, there are probably 15 different WRs rated roughly 86-87-88 and most of them are more or less inseparable from one another -- same speed, acceleration, change of direction, catch in traffic, and so forth. Some have one archetype and might be easier to attach a certain skill to than another, but the differences are subtle. Tyreke Hill is super fast for an 87, and that's why his card goes for 200,000+ gold, while all the rest go for 80,000 or so. And there's really no meaningful difference among most of the rest of them.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote