View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 05:46 PM   #8956
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Question, are chairs gimmicked in wrestling? Seems like a lot of the tables are but the chairs seem legit.

Varies afaik. Sometimes the "gimmick" is simply making sure you have a cheap ass chair you know should break.

Blue Meanie described the process this way

Quote:
Meanie brought up the notion that AEW used a gimmicked steel chair and he then explained how you would go about in creating that.

“Lance Storm said they would take the pins out of the legs for Balls Mahoney’s chair shots,” revealed Meanie. “That was when he was working with Masato Tanaka who had really bad neck problems. But with the chair Cody took, you could tell they worked it over. What you do is hit it on something like a sharp corner and then push the dent back into place. The best way I can describe it is like pushing on a Snapple lid.

“It’s dented to where it’s gonna go 3-4 times easier that if you would have hit him with a chair straight out of Office Max