View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 11:57 AM   #103
QuikSand
lolzcat

Yes, there is obvious massive profiteering happening among the components for the Andre Rison set. Much more so than for the Cleveland set for Josh Cribbs.

There is a 77 rated tackle for Atlanta, an hour ago there were multiple copies on the market selling for three or 4000 coins, basically about right. For some reason the supply got cut short, somebody decided to post his copy for 25,000 coins, and at least in the moment the new market is at 20,000 or so… There are 10 or 12 copies now available but nobody is under cutting the market to sell for 15 or 12 or 10 K.

So basically while I like football and roster building, it is this kind of quirky stuff… Watching how small scale wide-open full information markets can work… This is the stuff that has me deeply interested in this little exercise. I like building my team, I like NFL football, I like how this is a mix of current and former players… But I love watching free markets work in real time. And, the market for a universe of completely identical cards, where every buyer and seller has Absolute and perfect information about the product, these markets are rapidly approaching the purely competitive market place that economics instructors ( like me, once) teach their classes as a matter of peer theory.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote