View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 10:33 AM   #136
QuikSand
lolzcat

I'm also going to keep an eye on the TOTW Week 2 set for TE Ozzie Newsome, partially because I'm already in the habit of watching those players (built the set once already) but partially because it's overpriced right now.

Components needed (and current prices):
3x 87 Lamar Jackson @75,000 (!)
4x 84 Cooper Kupp @22,000
5x 80 Derrick Henry @12,000
- - - - -
Simple purchase cost = ~373K

Return from the set:
1x 91 Ozzie Newsome @260,000
1x 79 PU Ozzie @5,000

So... completing this set by purchasing the components doesn't make sense right now. Rather than see this as a lost cause, I am instead going to focus on the weird market for the underling cards. I don't know why Lamar is going to highly priced - maybe it's in anticipation of him getting a new, better card sometime fairly soon. That would add up - you'd need his 87 card to fully power him up to and through the new top card, so this might just be investors.

Regardless, I know there's a smaller set assembling a number of lower tier cards (like 70s rated) to get one random-level TOTW card from a given week. Because these component cards are sort of overpriced, that set might be "printing" now. I have a solid stash of gold cards ready to do, if so. Need console access to pull up that set, but it's likely something like 10-16 lower cards to get one random one... if they cost 2K each, then you'd need to get at least an 84 to make it worthwhile, I suspect.

Regardless, right now I have 4x Derrick Henry cards for sale at 14,999 (purchased under 10K each) just because supply is thin at the moment. I have sold off all my Kupp cards but will look to replenish there when the opportunity presents. And Lamar... just a wait and see, I can't find any reason to buy at 75K when training value for an 87 card is down close to 40K right now. The card is not that special, I must be missing something.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote