View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 09:38 AM   #820
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I am not trying to be disrespectful but I would argue that this approach is a large part of the reason why we are here.

I feel like all of us on both sides of the divide believe we have been apologizing, letting things slide, appeasing the other side on every issue forever. Then when we believe it is time for the other side to the same, well then the other side says they can't give on that issue. Both sides are doing the same thing to varying levels of success. At some point, both sides have made the decision that compromising on anything is weakness that they can not recover from. You are either with us everything or against us on anything.

I would agree on this except this deals with immediate family. There is a grey area with in-laws but 2 brothers is a lot of give up. Additionally, there may be some niece & nephews involved ... it's a high price to pay to miss out in all those relationships just "to be right" (regardless if you really are or not).

Full disclosure, I am estranged from my brother and sister. It has nothing to do with politics or social issues but how they treated our mother. I try to stay connected with nieces and nephews but frak my siblings. My side of the family is irreparably fractured.

Discussing politics is easily avoided. Too high of a price to pay IMO.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote