View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 01:59 PM   #272
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, I'm making a play on the 92 WR Miles Austin set from Week 5's TOTW release. He remains popular - basically the same logic as what got me after Andre Rison: WR is a premiere position, Austin is 6'2" and pretty fast, he played for three popular franchises (DAL, CLE, PHI) -- and so instead of "training value" of around 200K, his card is routinely selling above 300K.

The set for him is part of the reason why... it's 12 total cards, including 3x of the 88 Marquise Brown which is itself important for a Ravens theme team, and is a pretty good (fast) card regardless. So, that card is selling at well over its training value, also, and it in fairly short supply. The 85 Ekeler card (you need 4x for the Austin set) is also useful for those at that level.

Anyway... I have been speculating a lot with the 88 Brown, but right now I am buying up both Brown and Ekeler cards with an eye toward a combined squeeze play: limit the supply of them and try to sell mine at a premium... and simultaneously build copies of the Austin card to try to sell them at high prices fueled by the shortage of the component parts which I am basically creating myself.

It's risky, a bit... but can be profitable if I'm reading the thin supply correctly.

Last edited by QuikSand : 11-08-2021 at 01:59 PM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote