View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 12:59 PM   #317
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I just bought my son his main Christmas gift. He's going to the first ever Disc Golf Con in Vegas in February. Alone. He's 18. We told him he would need to use his benefits to get out there, and he could choose to go alone, or with someone, including his brother, and various other arrangements. We also gave him the option to decline that gift and we would keep searching, but he was pretty excited and committed and talked with his brother, who also said he'd go along (and pay his own way). So what sort of parent lets their boys travel to Vegas alone at 18 and 19 years of age?

Lol...In all honestly, our kids are super mature, and they know they have freedom, and they also understand expectations. So we're not terribly concerned about it, and we're excited for them too.
My son is riding down to Nashville with a friend for Christmas break, and then flying home after spending a few days there with his boyfriend. He try to pass it off as "saving money", but I told him "Look. You are 18. It is nice you let us know, but you are an adult now. You don't need our permission. Of course you want to see your boyfriend. We know we are no longer going to get all your free time anymore. It definitely sucks for us, but we understand." It was hard to acknowledge his adulthood, but it also felt good.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote