View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 10:35 PM   #3436
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Anyone else a fan of Apple TV? Really didn't give it a second thought but they have some really underrated shows. For All Mankind is solid. And I'm sort of digging Foundation. And while Ted Lasso isn't really my thing, I know a ton of people who loved the show.

I've had it for free for... well a while (a year became an addition 6 months randomly and then another 6 months got added because the PS5 had a promotion). Ted Lasso was fantastic (though second season was a bit worse). I just finished the first season of Foundation, and that's going to be it for me on that show - a strange show where one plot is amazing and the rest is like I'm watching a bad CW show (and seems to treat it's source material almost as badly as the I, Robot movie did... ok, maybe not that harsh).

I thought For All Mankind was good (though not great). Morning Show had one fantastic season and has followed it up with a meh.

Acapulco is a really fun show. Trying was excellent.

However, I still think Dickenson is the best show of the bunch. Quality has continued through all its 3 seasons.

I most likely will not be paying for this service aside from one month a year when I can binge future Ted Lasso seasons.