View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 11:19 PM   #7
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So, we had a similar incident yesterday, with an added twist. Duke is feeling a bit under the weather, and one of the things he does when he's not feeling good is to lay so he's laying on top of some part of one of his humans. Especially cuz of his size, he can be... difficult to dislodge, so you kinda just have to grin and bear it.

So I'm playing MLB the show, reclining in my power chair, when he decides to climb over. He's mostly on the chair arm, so I don't shoo him, and end up playing around him. He's happy, I can still finish my game (which I need to do to finish a couple missions), and all is well.

Then, he shifts. and somehow hits the power button on my TV. The PS5 has a feature when you turn off the TV, it automatically goes into rest mode. (the theory is, if you turn off the TV, you're done using the PS5 so save power). Unfortunately, despite the fact I was playing the CPU, MLB the show requires you to remain online throughout Diamond Dynasty as an anti-cheating measure. So as I "Ack!" and try to figure out what just happened, my PS5 goes into rest mode and all the stats I've accumulated in that game was lost.

Which wouldn't have been so bad if it was say, the 1st inning. Considering it was the 7th and I was up 14-1.... Grrrr....