View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 12:30 PM   #868
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

My brother's father in law is in hospice care due to COVID. He is unvaccinated and is also refusing any medical treatment. I guess his plan is to die to spite the libs. He's refusing oxygen and ventilator support.

He's been a staunch Trumper and has been in the past gleeful about supporting all conspiratorial ideas and Fox News threads at any family gathering.

Of course my brother and my sister in law are dismayed and beside themselves with sadness. I don't know if my nieces know the seriousness of things.

Cut to my mother calling me about (another Trumper) and then spouting whataboutisms when I viewed how a complete disregard of common sense and self-preservation over the idea of being proven wrong on viewpoint. She countered that she's vaccinated but I countered that she like I worked for a vaccine pharmaceutical company. She's basically a conservative outlier.

She had to point out some people that are liberals who are also refuting vaccinations. I said that's not the point. I said anyone who refuses vaccination over common sense is stupid but a 70 year old man who has probably been small pox vaccinated, polio vaccinated now refuting a COVID vaccine over conservative principles is just beyond the pale (the libs she pointed are 20 something and not dying in hospice).

Add that my new job has been an unholy terror (I want to revert back to my old position, I'm thinking of doing so in the new year).

Add that my adopted daughter's mother has now imposed herself into her daughter's life the past two days to critique her dating habits and how she's been mistreated by her while basically ignoring her for 7 years. I've had to run interference on that to keep my daughter from falling into depression.

It's been a tough 72 hours.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote