View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 01:47 PM   #2467
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
fwiw, I'm far too familiar with the older of those prospects (played here for HS hated rival). I'd say it comes down to what kind of offense they want to run.

While both have mobility skill, I'd say they're different in the type of running they contribute. Stockton is more of a designed runner IMO, his yards are more often on purpose. Vandagriff is more of an escape artist (one of the damnedest ones I've ever seen in HS), he'll appear sacked for a 15 yard loss and suddenly (and often inexplicably) he's 30 yards downfield with a first down. Both can do the other thing but to me they present different primary threats on the ground. (I do think Stockton is the better technical thrower though)
That is the breakdown I get as well, but as much as they touted Bennett's ability to run I don't really think they favor a run-first guy. I think Vandagriff has the edge because he has been on campus for a year. If he has been working hard, then he is going to be the safer option which is what Kirby loves. I think Stockton has a much better upside. He would have to really come in and wow the coaches to have a chance to start, though.

Edit: Again, that presupposes that Vandagriff is working in the film room. I have seen guys before that look the part and really don't want to work. I have a feeling that might be the description of J.T. Daniels. There is just something about him that turns coaches off.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 01-12-2022 at 01:50 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote