Thread: F*^$ Cancer
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 05:15 PM   #783
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I join with the rest of the community here in wishing the absolute best to your wife, yourself and Will. It is gut wrenching to read what you all are going through and I hope it as least somewhat therapeutic to "get things off your chest" here and see the care the community has for you all.

Honestly, I'm kinda ... lost.

I keep going back to something I think I typed in here (or the other thread) at some point this week, how I haven't processed this stuff this week and I really don't know if I can process it.

If too much reality creeps into my head, I very much fear I'm gonna break. And God knows, it keeps trying to.

These posts are, somehow or another, kinda like ... walls. They somehow help keep me from me from careening off into the abyss, at least for another few minutes. I type and there's some sense of completion (or something), and I can push the reality back unless the next assault wave comes at me.

I know I'm probably on the verge of oversharing but I'm just trying to hold on.

Y'all know how it is -- nearly everybody around to read this is an FOFC oldtimer same as me. We've all been here so long that there's a familiar sense of normalcy about posting here. And there's not much "normal" left in my world right now, I'm grabbing at whatever I can find.