View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 01:47 PM   #112
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
The quote was "I'm not going to be the person to take Jim Harbaugh from the University of Michigan. I hope he stays there."

Easy enough for Ross to say that Harbaugh told Miami that he was leaving Michigan for the NFL. At that point, Ross' reason for not pursuing him went away.

I am not saying that he does not have an out. In fact I am fully prepared for Ross to come out with some semblance of "Well technically,..." when he does introduce Harbaugh. What I am saying is in the same way it was unnecessary when Saban did it, the lie that Ross told was unnecessary. We all knew that Harbaugh was option one. There was no need to exclude him and only him from the coaching search. Who was he trying to fool? Just raises questions about the whole process.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote