View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 09:29 PM   #918
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So, my brother tested positive for COVID-19.

And he was the only one on the work trip to test positive, so it's very likely he was exposed during the extra 24 hours we had to wait because of the storm. Because we knew he was travelling to a high risk area (Florida, land of the Anti-Vaxxers and "LOL WHAT COVID" Governor), we've tried to minimize our exposure to each other in the days since he returns.

Now that he's tested positive, he will be getting a hotel room for a week or two until he's clear of symptoms, which means it's just me and the doggos for the next ten days. And wondering if every sniffle and bit of trouble is COVID-19. This is doing wonders for my anxiety, let me tell you.

Being on immunosuppressants sucks in many ways. This is one of the big ones. Especially since my treatment team (health care worker etcetera) have been trying to get answers on what treatments I should get (as an immunosupressed, getting even the milder COVID-19 variant is dangerous) for weeks now. Now it's no longer theoretical, but a possibility/probability.

Time to take a few deep breaths I think.