View Single Post
Old 02-15-2022, 03:44 PM   #152
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Maybe it's because I watch a lot of football and very little basketball, but I can't for the life of me figure out what a foul is anymore, only that the game alternates between chucking up three-pointers from somewhere near half-court and these mad dashes to the basket where everyone ends up crashing into everyone else and then looking at the referee as if they're hoping someone can make any sense out of the process. Then you get to the end-game, and somehow they haven't figured out it would be a more entertaining game if only it wasn't often in someone's best interest to intentionally foul their opponents. Which, according to the rules, is a technical foul, but no one ever calls that. And then, the video reviews are often ten-minute-long festivals of boredom over who touched the ball last before it went out of bounds. I condense this all into one difficult paragraph because that's what basketball seems to me these days. I'm quickly getting to the point where I won't even watch Michigan play. Yeah, I think basketball is far worse than football when it comes to officiating. Hockey, on the other hand... at least the referees mostly leave the game alone until someone is bashed into mortal peril and the crowd suddenly realizes it's time to stop cheering.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote