View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 04:38 PM   #312
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
My global consulting company announced they are discontinuing our business in Russia. This impacts approx 2,300 Russians. Company will provide support to those impacted (no details).

Don't know how I feel about this. We are really frakkin with the livelihood of 2,300 innocent Russians that can't control what their government does. I hope we continue to provide "wage/severance" to them (in USD of course) for a long time.

I'm sure we have presence in Ukraine also. Not sure what's happening there.

Putin seems to be trying to transition Russia back into a communist nation, aligned with China.

I don't know what livelihood will mean to the Russians who aren't part of the government. I don't think Putin cares. And if Putin doesn't care, we can't do much. It's just a different world. We have to accept that somehow. This is a major reset of world power and China is determined to make sure the US no longer has that place of leadership.

When Biden went to Xi with our knowledge of Russia's plans, he laughed and shared that information with Putin. It was all good for Xi as long as Putin waited until the Olympics ended. We know what's happening now. It's going to impact all of us.

Here we are, confiscating yachts and worrying about the stock market while it's really a question of whether the rather short-term (by civilization standards) approach of Democracy can hold up to dictators who don't care about the individuals who don't have the power to vote them out of office.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote