View Single Post
Old 03-13-2022, 09:08 AM   #2432
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
That sucks. When I had my surgery, I was completely down for 5 weeks - not just working out but for about 3 weeks, I wasn't even walking at normal pace. But I quickly got it back. I've been doing all of the iFit marathon programs - Boston, Chicago, London and New York. I'm halfway through NY to finish all 4. Since they are video, I'm running at faster pace than the videos so I've been doing about 40+ miles during each 26.2 mile program. The last couple of weeks, I've gone over 50+ miles a week, my most ever.

Once I finish this, I think I'm going to completely switch things up and go with something shorter and possibly more incline-heavy (possibly a hiking series although I prefer to run - something with some incline mixed with running would be perfect).

Did you have surgery on the peroneal? I felt an ominous double pop just as I was running and wasn't sure what was going on. I've been debating whether I should get an MRI or not but I'm leaning towards getting it just to make sure it isn't too serious to heal on its own.

Congrats on getting up to 50 miles a week! That's a good milestone.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote