View Single Post
Old 03-16-2022, 05:11 PM   #486
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Video of Baker Mayfield's arrest released - YouTube

I'd give him about a 7/100 on Sensing the Rush.

It just seemed during his college days that he was always apologizing for something, whether it was the crotch-grabbing or the taunting. If he were a bundle of 1s and 0s, he'd have the dreaded character red flag.

He certainly has all the tools. I thought he took a big step forward in 2020, but right back again in 2021. That may have been the injuries.

My sense is that he is maturing, but still developing and the upcoming season would be the big test. Cleveland may feel differently - especially if it's trying to put together ransom money for Watson (who could well face a significant suspension now that the criminal investigation amounted to nothing).

Still, Watson had broken out and looked like a potential star, so maybe you take huge risks if that's the reward in a quarterback's league.

My second take is that Cleveland has handled the Mayfield and OBJ situations about as badly as humanly possible, and that the Browns are dealing from perceived weakness when they really didn't have to let it go there.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote