View Single Post
Old 03-29-2022, 10:04 AM   #226
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I walk around the room and converse with various townsfolk here. Some recall me from the Tournament of Lords, which puts a smile on their faces. Some saw my bravery in battle and offer a sincere thank you. One gentleman dressed as a guard looks up from the bed of his young daughter. He approaches me.

"I must offer my deepest thanks for your help in this attack. I am Sir Henry Brighton of the King's Guard. I was fighting on the frontline and could not reach my daughter, Marissa, to protect her. She tells me you fought off one of the demons that was about to take her. She is my world, and if it were not for you, she would not be here now. You should go speak to the Commander of the King's Guard, Arthur Thornburgh. With what happened here today, he put out a request for all able fighters to assemble and present themselves for service to King Roderick. They mean to discern the nature of the attack and strike next. You handled yourself honorably in the Tournament of Lords and you fought bravely today. The kingdom could use you before we are attacked again."

The rest seems to be rather quick after getting the rest and level up earlier, but there's been a fair amount of combat since then. I won't complain.

Lyric loses 1 virtue, but came away with 4g. Astrid maintains her virtue and gains 1g.