View Single Post
Old 04-05-2022, 07:59 PM   #752
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

There are two teams - Carolina and Seattle - that basically don't have a QB that appears to be serviceable for this season.

There are two QBs that can start in the NFL who are clearly on the trade block (Mayfield and Garoppolo).

There may or may not be a QB in the draft worth a first-round pick unless it's a lower first-round pick and basically a 50/50 shot as to whether he'll ever be a reliable starter, let alone a franchise QB.

And there are probably 10-11 more teams that could conceivably want a promising rookie QB and might be willing to draft one if they were convinced he had a decent shot of becoming great. History suggests there might not be one in this draft.

I'm prepared for pass-rush mania early in this draft. Easier to scout and project. If someone has the potential (and Walker has this) to be a Donald-type disrupter who can even line up at 3T, I can see him going 1st because that type produces stats based more on scheme than disruption. I don't think Jacksonville can screw this pick up if they go defensive line, but as much as I like Hutchinson, I can see the ability of Walker to line up inside on some plays as an even bigger difference-maker.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote