View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 12:19 PM   #18
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I feel we're getting hammered from every direction though, it's not just gas. I was looking at buying a new amp for my music room. The amp that was selling for $1,499 last spring is now $1,999. Well then I go to the grocery store and everything is either much more expensive than it was last year, or in smaller packaging. I go to fill up the car after being told to start coming back to the office, and that's more too. And I'm supposed to feel grateful because I got a small raise at work, but it doesn't even match all the cost increases that I have to deal with.
And then forget about buying a house! I'm fine because I only have 5 years left on my mortgage, but what the hell are our kids going to do?

Are kids in their 20's looking to buy houses these days? My oldest son has zero interests in owning a house and everything that comes with it at this point.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote