View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 02:30 PM   #40
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
This is needed here, not only for foreign investors, but the mega-million investment corps buying houses for rental property.

As I think Rainmaker pointed out earlier (in this thread or another), given the ease with which real estate investment can be used to launder money, it's an area that really need scrutiny in multiple countries, even before you want to argue about the social pluses or minuses.

I'd support legislation limiting the number of residential units a single entity (person, corporation) can own, with some sort of loophole for clearly-defined hardship cases (like you have to buy your folks' house so they can afford health care). Markets have gotten way, way, way out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I just got a letter in the mail this afternoon from a realtor who has a buyer wanting a house in our neighborhood. I assume we all got one. I suppose they are looking for someone about to put their house on the market trying to get a jump on the competition.

In our neighborhood I'd say about 90% of the homes are sold pre-market. I happen to know three local realtors really well and it's clear that if you want to buy here, you have to have a local realtor who can get wind of "private sales" as early as possible, otherwise you have no chance.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote