View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 11:41 AM   #43
miami_fan
Coordinator

Insurance agents: Why rates for Florida homeowners are soaring in 2022 | Jax Daily Record | Jacksonville Daily Record - Jacksonville, Florida

The insurance premiums on our rental properties in Florida went up about $400 in total this year. The one for our homestead actually went down about $50.

A while back I mentioned my shock at the cost of having a roof replaced. During the pandemic it felt like every week another house in our subdivision was getting their roof replaced. It has kept going to where I am sure myself and about four of my neighbors have the only houses that have not had a roof replacement in the last two years. Most people said they only paid the deductible. I am not saying everyone was committing fraud but it looks like the insurance companies are getting their money back with interest.

The point the article makes about the roofing companies being storm chasers is very true. I have had at least 15 offers of free roof inspections by various roofing companies in the last year alone.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote