View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 08:34 AM   #5206
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I am against student loan forgiveness. Frankly, I'm not even sure what the argument for it is. However, I would be OK with forgiving interest but retaining the original principal to be paid back because years of compounding debt is obviously crippling and goes well beyond what the borrower originally expected to pay back. To me, that's a fair compromise, and I wouldn't have an issue with some sort of program to ensure well below -market interest rate student loans be made available.

College isn't for everyone. Someone deciding to borrow $150K to go to school for a degree that would likely not allow them to pay off their debt for decades is simply a bad decision. It's basically gambling too much money on a longshot with a bad return. I'm not sure what makes this different from any other bad decision resulting in heavy debt.

I'd also like to see something done about bloated college costs but ideally, the market should be driving some of these $50-60K a year private schools out of business.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-01-2022 at 08:40 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote