View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 12:02 PM   #2192
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
How about instead of focusing on the fact he purchased those guns legally we focus on why it is legal for him to purchase a weapon and an overwhelming amount of ammo capable of murdering 19 school children in 90 seconds?

There is literally no reason for anyone to own such a weapon, and "because it is his right" is not a valid reason.

Specific to your criteria of "purchase a weapon ... capable of murdering 19 school children in 90 seconds?". That would eliminate most semi-automatic weapons (e.g. we'll be left with bolt weapons). So not just "assault weapons" but regular hunting rifles too.

On the other criteria about ammo. The shooter had about 1,600 rounds on him or in the car. I have 2,000+ ammo in the house. Not because I need it but because I buy them on sale and want them readily available when I go shoot (2-4 times a year) vs stopping by a Dicks Sporting which may not have it when I need it. Yeah, someone with 50K of rounds is probably a survivalist and possibly not seeing things clearly, but I would propose 2,000+ rounds is reasonable.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote