View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 12:43 PM   #2198
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
FWIW, I feel no need to carry a weapon on me. I'm perfectly okay leaving them at home locked up. I guess if the lights go out for a long period of time, I would carry one but I am not usually in an environment where I feel the need.

Out of curiosity, what is your rationale?

It is the climate here, and I am by no means a timid guy, or ill equipped to handle myself. But all the martial arts/combat sport training in the world doesn't help you against an unstable individual with a gun. The political climate here is far from stable and a shockingly high number of people buy into the BS espoused by people like Kelli Ward, Paul Gosar, Kari Lake etc.

Because of that, I generally, at least have a gun in my car. I rarely carry it on my person outside of my car, but in some circumstances I do. It may be somewhat paranoid, but I don't ever want to be in a situation where I can't protect my family and I would rather that by on equal footing with someone, vs just stepping in front of someone with a gun and taking 3 to the chest while my family looks for cover.

In the long run the odds of this ever happening to me or my family are small, but with the craziness it has gotten like brushing my teeth. I can brush them once a day and the odds of getting a cavity may be small, but why not brush them 2 or 3 times and make it smaller. Strange analogy I know, but it just gives me a greater feeling of security.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote