View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 10:02 AM   #249
miami_fan
Coordinator

I think Tatum will be all right. He has the same flaw that most of the Mamba mentality acolytes have. They all remember the almost impossible shots that Kobe made. They don't remember the games especially early on where Kobe would just drive to the basket relentlessly because the man guarding could not stop him from doing so.

I get it the role of the three in today's game. However, there is no reason that 60% of Tatum's shot attempts should be taken outside of ten feet from the basket and 50% taken outside of 16 feet. These are Trae Young sort of percentages. Those percentages make sense for a guy that Trae Young's size, not so much for the guy 6-8, 210lb and Tatum's athleticism.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote