View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 07:42 PM   #345
molson
General Manager

It always fall behind on this show, it's just so heavy and has a pace where it's easier to throw on something lighter late at night or after work. But then once I get going....

There was interesting stuff from a podcast last week about Odenkirk's heart attack. It happened right after they filmed the scene where Lalo was talking to Saul and Wexler while they were on the sofa in their condo, after Saul talks Lalo into sending Wexler to Fring's instead of him. They did the Saul/Wexler close-ups, next up were the Lalo close-ups, but Odenkirk collapsed while on his exercise bike while he was out of the scene on a break. The Kim and Lalo actors were close enough to him that they got there and managed to break his fall before he hit his head on the ground.

I'm probably just seeing things, but, he face does look a little thinner and gaunt in that scene.

They did chest compressions and used the ICD on him for about 15 minutes before they got his heart started. Vince Gilligan was sure he was dead. They say there would have been no Season 6 at all if he died. But, who knows. He would have had to have died at the hands of Lalo there I guess, and then everyone else gets to wrap up their story. I'm not sure what the current public tolerance for that kind of thing is now when an actor dies mid-shoot. His last filmed line before the heart attack was "you gotta go" (to Kim).

Poor Howard. I was also reading how this character changed from its conception. I don't remember much from the early years of the show, but, they kind of abandoned the idea of him as a villain. The character didn't deserve his fate and what his reputation will be in death, and it does make you look at Saul and Kim differently.

Last edited by molson : 07-26-2022 at 07:53 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote