View Single Post
Old 07-27-2022, 10:40 AM   #16
brett32z
n00b

Day 30

We jumped out to a 14-3 lead 4 and a half minutes into the game and cruised to an 83-69 win that wasn’t even that close. At one point in the 3rd quarter we were up 31 before letting our foot off the gas a little bit.

We were once again led by our big 3 as Villalba, Janisius, and Currie combined for 71 of our 83 points. Villalba and Janisius were also dominant on the boards with both recording double figures in rebounds. Backup PG Antoine Waltham had a nice game off the bench chipping in 6 assists and 4 rebounds in 29 minutes.

Starting PG Tarbunas did very little - possibly my attempt to get a favorable matchup by playing him at SG but setting his focus as “playmaker” backfired. Or maybe he just got shut down by the strong defender I was trying to keep away from Currie (who did have a good game). I’ll try to remember to swap the matchups next time we play these guys to try to test it out.

In a surprise to no one, Saunterton again fouled out but gave us 32 pretty good minutes before doing so.

The win moves us to 3-4 in the round of 16 pod, one game behind the Michigan Wolves and bitter rival (from our perspective) Jubarko Kariai.

Other News

Our focus on youth and development continues to pay dividends as backup PG Antoine Waltham followed up his strong game with good progress in practice today increasing his dribble skill from a 4 to a 5. Still not a strength, even at this low level, but no longer a major weakness either.

The under 18 US Team lost to Slovenia 92-78 today. Slovenia and Spain are the 2 teams they have to beat to advance to the medal round so this is a big blow. The World Championships for the non age restricted national teams begin in a couple of weeks. Hopefully the US will fair better in that tournament.

Tomorrow’s Game

We have a US2 game tomorrow against Boston University. Their owner has left the game and they’re now managed by a bot so they’re terrible. We’ll win by 50+.
brett32z is offline   Reply With Quote